Increase Hotel F&B Bookings
Located in Kensington, Hotel Xenia asked ZOO to help increase restaurant bookings as well as incentivise the take-up of hotel experience packages. The hotel particularly wanted to broaden their Evoluzione restaurant’s proposition to a local market, hoping to attract diners who are not necessarily guests. Connecting with local residents and visitors was a priority to build engagement and boost positive word of mouth.
A recent addition to the prestige Autograph Collection of boutique hotels, we had already refreshed Hotel Xenia’s brand proposition and launched their new website. The site redesign was intended to increase MICE bookings across the hotel’s many private spaces and boardrooms. The website creates a prominent marketing space for the hotel’s in-house restaurant.
The ZOO Solution:
Content marketing campaign, PPC activity & Email marketing
- Our initial activity focused on engaging with a local audience within a 10km catchment area. This included the creation and nurturing of standalone Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media channels, supported by an ongoing content calendar.
- To boost the hotel’s organic search ranking and discoverability, we wrote 2 optimised monthly blogs, repurposable for other marketing content requirements.
- Customer bookings were incentivised through the promotion of a new membership discount scheme whereon signing up for membership, customers received an extra incentive to dine at the hotel restaurant.
- Signups were subsequently engaged with through regular E-shots, with content regularly emailed to the membership database.
- Focusing on driving bookings, we built an exhaustive Google Search and Display campaign with special focus on the local market. We identified the keywords that best advertised the restaurant’s capabilities and were most well searched in the area, and ensured that our landing pages both reflected and answered these search queries well. We then created an extensive ads package which pointed to these landing pages. We A/B tested our adverts, finding the most effective combinations of bids, copy and headlines to bring users to our website.
- We also instigated a Facebook and Instagram Ads campaign which was constantly monitored and refined, based on topics in line with the client’s marketing strategy.
- Whilst the campaign is ongoing, the client has seen a 144% rise in restaurant traffic and 86% more users on the site from social channels.
- From zero, social media channel activity generated over 1000 engagements by the third month of activity.
- Paid marketing has been delivering highly efficient returns, with an average Google Ads CPC of just £0.55 and £0.29 with Facebook advertising. Strong clickthrough rates of 4.78% with Google Ads.
How ZOO can help you:
If you’re looking to review or develop your hotel marketing strategy, do get in touch with us.
We pride ourselves on our 20-year hotel marketing experience, creating successful strategies including how to increase direct bookings for independent boutique hotels to larger, global chains.
We retain the same passion for every new brief, harnessing the power of our branding strategy, digital expertise and creative storytelling talents to deliver exquisite design, tailored multi-channel marketing campaigns, informed sector insight and most of all, a relentless focus on ROI.
0208 541 0800 firstname.lastname@example.org